Friday, October 19, 2007

A letter to Representative Pete Stark

As I'm sure you've heard, Representative Pete Stark shot his big fat mouth off and completely insulted President Bush and more importantly, our troops. You can read his comments elsewhere on the ol' interweb if you have not heard what he said.

Thankfully, I am not one of his constituents. But I am an American. And as such, I thought his outrageous words warranted a response from me. I have no idea if he will read the email I sent him or not because I am not one of his constituents, but I certainly hope he does. Below is the email that I sent to Representative Pete Stark. He is truly the personification of human feces.

"Dear Representative Stark,

While I am thankful NOT to be one of your constituents, I felt that your comments were heinous enough to warrant an email from me. I don't know if you'll get or read this email, but I'm sending it anyways.

The things you spoke about our President and our troops were not only disrespectful but also, in my opinion, un-American. You, Sir, are just one of the many reasons that this country is falling apart. Your lack of respect and flippant comments about the troops that are risking and sacrificing their lives for freedom, both ours and others, is absolutely detestable. I'm so thankful that you do not represent me or my state, and I just wanted you to know that I feel you are a disgrace to your office and this country. It saddens me to know that people actually voted for you and it saddens me even more to know that you are allowed to say such horrible things "on their behalf."

I do not agree with everything our President has done. I do believe completely that Saddam-controlled Iraq was a threat to the world and this country. I also believe that as a country so blessed by God, it is our moral duty and obligation to protect and defend weaker individuals around the world. I believe that is exactly what the President believes as well.

Just because you are spineless and detestable does not mean that the rest of this nation is. Instead of tearing down our troops or our President you should be using your office to support both, even if that means that in the interest of your constituents you try and get the troops home. But bomb-throwing is just childish, and quite frankly, if I would have heard you say those things in a restaurant, on a street-corner, or in a bar, there's a very good chance that I would have punched you right in the mouth, and I'm confident to say that I'm not the only American who feels so outraged by your comments.

You, Sir, are a disgrace.

Sincerely,
Houston D White
Proud American"

No comments: