Thursday, October 25, 2007

Interesting News Day

I heard several news stories and pieces throughout today that have provoked a wee bit of thought.

PC ADVISORY>>>>> THIS BLOG WILL PROBABLY NOT BE POLITICALLY CORRECT <<<<
First of all, how about these fires in California. It turns out...arson. Someone, or rather several someones intentionally started several of the major blazes in southern California that have left several people dead and have racked up damages to the tune of about $1 billion.

My question; is this considered terrorism? Flicking a cigarette out a window and burning down a forest is an accident. A stupid accident in which Smokey the Bear should cut off your private parts and use them for fertilizer to plan new trees, but an accident nonetheless. But intentionally setting fires to wreak havoc? In my opinion, that's terrorism. On one hand, you hate to call it that because it really doesn't even come close to comparing to the tragedy that was 9/11. Terrorism is defined as using violence against people or property to make a point, either spiritual, political, or idealogical. So, were these fires set off for some spiritual, political, or idealogical reason? Perhaps. But what if they weren't. What in the world do we call it when some sick piece-of-crap excuse for a human simply wants to destroy and in the process, either intentionally or unintentionally, costs people $1 billion and worse yet, kills multiple people?

Either way, the human side of me wants to see them brought to justice. I'm a bit of a fan of the old ways. "Kill someone and we'll kill you back." is how I believe comedian Ron White put it. I think there's a fine line between justice and revenge. A quick, painless death 6 months after your last shot at an appeal is denied is justice. Tying some murderous, sick-o pervert freak to a tree and lighting him on fire is revenge. The majority of me wants to see justice. The small minority of me that needs God's help every day wants to see these arsonists' skin melt off their bones.

One of these days I'll get around to writing a more in-depth, Biblical piece on capital punishment. But for now, on to the Houston, Texas school bond issue.

PC ADVISORY>>>>> THIS BLOG WILL PROBABLY NOT BE POLITICALLY CORRECT <<<<
I was watching Glenn Beck this evening on the CNN Headline News channel and he told of a beautiful 2 year old girl who was hit and killed by a drunk driver. The police caught and arrested the guy, only because he hit two other parked cars while trying to speed away from the lifeless corpse of the girl he just hit with his car. This all occured in a Texas town near the Mexican border, and you know what? Yup...that's right. Frickin' illegal immigrant. Now this subject has been spun by news, screamed about by protesters, talked to death by talk radio and blogged like crazy, but so far that's pretty much been it; a bunch of friggin' talk. Glenn said it correctly when he said that hundreds of drunk-driving related deaths occur each year in this nation. However, this one could have been prevented IF WE'D GET SERIOUS ABOUT PROTECTING OUR BORDERS!!!

With that story, Glenn led into an interview with Texas senator Dan Patrick. They talked a bit about the illegal immigration problem, but then Senator Patrick told a very interesting little bit of information. It seems that much of the black community, including a bunch of black Baptist ministers, the NAACP, state legislators and others, are actively opposed to a Houston Independent School District bond in the amount of $800 million to build twenty-something new schools and renovate 130-something others. Do you know why? It's because 75% of the money is going to Hispanics.

Now how it all works, I'm not exactly sure. But after doing some research, here's what it sounds like to me. One not-so-minority group with a serious entitlement complex is pissed off because another minority group is taking their biscuits and gravy and making choriso instead. Do I think it's right that Hispanics are getting 75% of the funding? No way. But that's a problem that's going to exist until we SHUT DOWN THE BORDERS!!! But the attitude of entitlement makes me so furious... This is America. Just because your ancestors were mistreated does not mean that I owe you something. Just because you're black doesn't mean you deserve something from "the man." That attitude was plastered all over the news during Hurricane Katrina, and it's so sadly evident in this nation.

The United Negro College Fund. My father-in-law and I were talking one day and he said "You know? When I'm a millionaire, I think I'm going to start the "United Average White Guy College Fund." Brilliant in my opinion. Not because I think average white guys deserve anything more than anyone else, but because I'd love to see the hate mail and lawsuits come pouring in from the NAACP...plus I've always wanted to ask "The Reverend" Jessie Jackson what he uses in his hair to make it so...detestable. Birds could live in there.

I know not all black people are like this. I have some family on my wife's side that are amazing, wonderful, awesome people and they don't tout this anti-American attitude of entitlement. So please don't think that I'm generalizing. But the problem comes down to the squeaky wheel gettting the grease. It's always the people who are nothing than white-hating bigots that call reverse-racism equality. Affirmative Action and all that crap.

If everyone would just live by "the Golden Rule." Treat EVERYONE the way that you'd want to be treated. Treat EVERYONE with fairness and justice. Stop looking at skin color. So many minorities use their skin color and this idea of racism as an excuse and a crutch for why they're poor. Regardless of my skin color or religion, I make my own decisions. I choose to either be successful or to be a failure.

On a completely different note I heard a VERY interesting quote from George Washington. "Government is like fire; a dangerous servant and a fearful master." We need government, but in limited quantities in my opinion. I may not quote it verbatim, but another of our founding fathers said that those who give up their rights in the name of freedom are neither right nor free. Something to think about...

Cheers and God bless!

No comments: