Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I Will Provide"

It's a little after 11PM on October 30th, 2007. My wife and I had a doctors appointment this morning. My wife is 29 weeks and 5 days along as of today, and the baby can come any time after 36 weeks and be healthy. So, in the spirit of all things baby brought on by the doctors appointment this morning, my wife was reading one of her many baby books. She read to me the list of stuff to put in the suitcase to take to the hospital. As we talked about what to bring to the hospital with us the conversation drifted to what life will be like when the baby gets here, what we're hoping we get at the baby shower, and what things we're going to need.

I never really thought about it before, but holy crap, there's a lot of stuff! Changing tables, dressers, car seat bases, binkies, bonkies, blankies, diapies, poopies, peepees, blah blah blah blah. (Dr. Suess anyone?) In a word; overwhelming. In two words; completely overwhelming. With the wife going to be staying at home and not working and me making only commissions plus the thought of possibly having to buy a buttload of baby stuff, the thoughts can easily steamroll right over me. I know I shouldn't be overwhelmed because I know God will provide for us, but it's scary nonetheless.

Well, this is how awesome God is. He is truly a loving, comforting Father. As my wife got out of bed to go pee (again...oh the joys of pregnancy) I was running through all the stuff we'll need and wondering how I will be able to take care of everything God said to me 3 simple words. "I will provide." Oh, how comforting to know that I'm not alone in this. It's just so awesome to know that even though my current reality is enough to scare even the bravest soul God will provide. I don't have to worry about anything. All I have to do is my best and God will take care of the rest.

No comments: